Ground-breaking research reveals business awards are 100% more likely to be won by companies that enter them than companies that don’t. Joking aside, are business awards worth the investment in time and effort?
The answer is yes, absolutely! You know your company is something special, but to get that official recognition you need to enter and be in the running to win. Certainly, the cachet that comes from winning does wonders for your business; not least it inspires customer confidence, which can strengthen your brand and deliver new sales.
However, there are other potential benefits of winning an award. Not all of them are immediately obvious, but they are just as beneficial to your business. These include:
· Recognition as one of Australia’s best businesses or best business in your industry
· Depending on the sponsor, you may be able to win cash grants or free business services
· Free PR for your business and people through media exposure
· Major networking and partnership opportunities with other businesses
· Opportunities to join mentoring programs with larger entities in the same industry
· Being acknowledged and sought out as an industry expert
· Invitations to speak at industry forums or to comment on related issues
· Using insights gained through writing your entry to create other content, such as case studies or blogs
· Possible entrant incentives, such as a free business health checks to recommend where a business could perform better.
What will a win do for your business?
Cathy Brown, Founder and Director of Activ8 Finance won the Connective Excellence Award for Best All-Round Broker in NSW & ACT. She says:
“Again, and again, I’m being asked for my expert opinion on the challenges facing the industry. I’ve also been invited to participate in roundtable discussions with other industry leaders and specialists on topics I’m truly passionate about, such as opportunities for women in finance. Entering these awards has definitely opened up doors for me. I only wish I’d done it sooner.”
What awards are you going to enter this year? What accolades does your business deserve to win?
For assistance with writing business award nominations, our experienced award writers can help. Contact Rosemary Gillespie at Proof Communications on 02 8036 5532 or 0411 123 216